SC - Jameson's heresy :)

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Thu Nov 13 20:46:20 PST 1997

> I would have to say that there are probably more drinkable Scotches out
> there than there are drinkable Irish whiskys, but the best of the Irish
> whiskys aren't massively inferior to the best of the Scotches. Besides,

I do not recall seeing Laphroaig here (Australia) - I'll have to have a
look. On the other hand I don't think it matters how many whiskeys are
produced - being a person who finds the US produced beers available in
Australia abominable, though numerous, I prefer the rarer, but better
(but so much more expensive :( :( ;( ) Belgian beers, of Trappist origin.
Irish whiskey is (in Melbourne, I have found) a lot better than
Scotch of a similar price. (usually)

> I feel that the Irish should be cut a bit of slack for having invented
> the stuff in the first place. It's not as if the absentee landlord

Yes but... One should always applaud an improvement on a good idea.

> system that led to the abandonment of many of the old brewing and
> distilling standards was something the Irish chose for themselves.
> Bloody Normans  ;  )

Hey!!! It's not our fault the rest of the world find us irresistable!!!
well, did once...    ;)

Charles