SC - A & S Competitions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Nov 18 12:56:44 PST 1997

Christi Redeker wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am entering items in A&S and yes, my items are cooked.  How do you all present your entries and documentation on items that are cooked?  I have never entered an A&S before and am getting nervous about it.  Believe it or not I am far more nervous about the competition than the feast I am doing for the event itself.

1. Title

2. Original recipe

3. Source (title, author, date, publisher, etc.)

4. Translated recipe

5. Redacted recipe

6. Notes and comments

If the source is already in recognizably modern English, like Dawson or
Markham, then you can eliminate the translation, and you may be able to
abbreviate the redacted recipe by simply including your ingredient
quantities and cooking times, temperatures, etc., in with your notes.
That's more or less the method used by Hillary Spurling for her edition
of Elinor Fettiplace's Receipt Book.

Let's just say that those are the questions I'd be asking, if I were
judging. How they get answered is open to interpretation...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com