SC - Beer (from whiskey thread)

Robert Beaulieu robert.beaulieu at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 18 20:49:26 PST 1997

Tyrca at aol.com wrote:

> <<  I consider beer (of any
>  > sort) to be the worst thing I ever made the mistake of putting into my
> mouth....
>  >
>  > Alasdair mac Iain
>

>         Keep trying... a different taste, and maybe one you would like, would
>  be the belgium fruit beers or the white (wit) weat beers!
>

>         Maybe...
>
>                 Lord Robert de QuelQuePart >>
>
> I disagree with Lord Robert, and agree with Alasdair.  My husband brews beer,
> and has definite ideas about what good beer tastes like, and even coaxes me
> to taste his new creations.  But every time I do, I give him the same answer
> again, it tastes like beer.  And he already knows that I do not like that
> bitter cringy taste at all, and never will.  I see no reason to force a
> fellow gourmand (as I hope we all are) to keep sampling something that he has
> dutifully tried, and does not like.  There are a world of things he can drink
> without partaking of beer, and besides, it leaves more beer for those of you
> who want it!
>
> Tyrca

	It is certainly your priviledge not to drink beer ever again! But it is
a deep mistake you are making, because from what you say I belive that
the bitter taste you are refering to is from yhe hopp witch is very low
in a lot of beers and absent from many others I will insist that you try
the belgium whites beers and fruit beers tfor your personal enlightment
and enjoyment.

	I will also point out as I did befor that in the Middle Ages most beers
did not have any hopp but other flavoring/preserving agent (admitedly
some of them bitter) and that even today many beers are sweet.

	Finally I will recommend (as a supportive opinion) that you read Phil &
Susan Troy (troy at asan.com) mail Re: SC - Beer (from whiskey
thread)(Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:34:11 -0400) witch as some good points
that need not be repeted in extentio.

	Again keep trying... a different taste, and some day you will find  one
you like!

		With respect,

			Lord Robert de QuelQuePart