SC - paid reservations?

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Nov 19 13:22:12 PST 1997

Aoife writes:

> Wow! You mean that even your most famous cooks have to cook a feast A)
> not knowing how many will eat it, B)Without the group having any money to
> cover the cost of the food at the time of purchase, and C)Not even knowing if
> enough people will come to cover your outlay?    <snip>

Yep.  That way out here too...  and my canton is duly impoverished; so I have personally "swallowed" in the neighborhood of $100 losses on events that failed simply because of unresolvable calendar conflicts...

	- kat, who is thrilled to the bones at the thought of cooking her first
	  feast with a KNOWN number of bodies and a SET budget this coming
	  March... but only known and set because the event always sells out...