SC - Long-Period food, bread, etc.

Debra Hense debh at microware.com
Wed Nov 19 15:08:15 PST 1997

Bear wrote commenting on Adamantius:

>For softer crust, brush the loaf with butter or margarine
>immediately after removing it from the oven.

Murkial added the following comment:

>I am not much of a baker, but what about using egg
>white on the crust so it is crispier?  I have done this
>in the last 10 minutes or so of baking and I like the
>hard crust quality it gives.

Gee, I've always used a mister/spray of oil on the
bread dough immediately before putting it in
the oven. I get very nice crusty crusts this way.
Wonderful when making french loaves.

Water, hmmm, sounds like a lot more work. But,
I'll have to try it just to see what the difference is,
if any.

Kateryn de Develyn