SC - yeast bread recipes (a

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 19 23:36:33 PST 1997

Greetings. I said earlier today:

==================
This mail list has been a rich source for period, probably period and
period-like bread recipes. You can find a number of these recipes in
this file in the FOOD section of Stefan's Florilegium:
beans-msg         (34K) 10/24/97    Medieval, old-world beans. Recipes.

These two on yeasts might also be of interest:
BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by Katerine Rountre.
yeasts-msg        (18K)  4/30/97    Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.

Ooops!  Sorry. I guess I didn't proof-read things as well as usual. Rather than
the beans-msg file, that was supposed to be this file:
bread-msg        (115K) 11/10/97    Medieval breads and grains.

I have also updated the yeasts-msg file today. It almost doubled in size. Niether
the bread-msg or yeasts-msg files will be on the website for a week or two. So
wait a while or send a request by email.

Stefan li Rous
RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com