SC - Feast Budgets

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 21 17:39:03 PST 1997

At 13:58 21-11-97 +0000, Murkial wrote:
>Well, lets see here!  Feast budgets huh?  Well, I ma doing my first feast
in ages tomorrow (nerves starting to hit now).  And I had a budget of $4 per
person.  Lunch is $1 a bowl for soups and bread.

>So since Gunthar and everyone are so nice to post there menus, here I go!
>
>Lunch:
>Beef Barley Soup
>Perre
>Breads and butters
>
>On table for feast:
>Breads
>Honey Butter and Herb Garlic Butter (served in the bread swans, thanks Aiofe)
>
>First Course:
>Soupes Dorrees (onion soup)
>Pompys with Raisin and Garlic Sauces (meatballs)
>Chawettys (pork cheese pies)
>
>Little extra
>Payn Purduez (Since I live in the Outlands I cut the bread in the shape of
leaping deer and am going to serve them on green trays and sprinkle them
with yellow sugar)

>Second Course:
>Armoured Turnips
>BlancMange (chicken and rice dish)
>Frytours out of lentyn (scrambled eggs with meat)
>Doucetes (custard pies)
>Chyryoun (cherry pudding)
>
>Head table:
>Lamb roast studded with garlic
>
>So what do you all think?
>
>Murkial

I think I want the recipes for the Pompys with Raisin and Garlic Sauces, and
for the Chawettys.

8)

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly