SC - Sugar Stuff!

Gedney, Jeff Gedney at executone.com
Mon Nov 3 06:49:16 PST 1997

This talk of cane syrup has me thinking...
I would think that "cane syrup" would be like the result of boiling the
unprocessed sap from sugar cane.  The result would be unlike "simple
syrup" (clear syrup from table sugar) and molasses, because each are
products of the processing of cane syrup into white (table) sugar. I
think that a close approximation could be reached by making a syrup from
3 cups white sugar, and 1 cup brown sugar, and 2 - 3 cups water.  My
personal tastes would have me add the strained juice of 1/2 lemon for
each 4 cups sugar(s) before boiling.

This is all in my uninformed personal opinion, however.

Brandu ( who has been known to indulge in sugar and pastry arts from
time to time)