Re- SC - food mills

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Mon Nov 3 18:19:51 PST 1997

Charles said:

>I'm just trying to relate this back to medieval cooking technology and
>techniques - I don't know of them using the wire strainers that we have
>in our kitchens.

I asked about medieval strainers a while back but let's try again. Anyone
seen any pictures or descriptions of medieval strainers? In the earlier
discussion, some people were of the opinion that these were of horsehair
but didn't know if the horsehair was woven or simply laid across something.

So, anybody have info on something different or more or this?

Stefan li Rous
these were woven or just