SC - Introductions...

Elizabeth O'Donovan odonoea4 at wfu.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:14:10 PST 1997

As per instructions, I thought I'd "take a minute to introduce [my]self."
My name is Elizabeth O'Donovan and, though I had an SCA name years and
years ago, I've let my participation and membership lapse.  Nevertheless,
I have retained a high level of interest in all things medieval and
renaissance.  In fact, I'm in the midst of trying to graduate from college
(Wake Forest University, NC), apply to graduate programs in Medieval and
Renaissance Lit (I still haven't decided which) and, on top of that, I'm
in charge of planning a madrigals/Renaissance feast for the spring.

I'm delighted to find that I'm not on my own while researching recipes,
etc for the feast.  Although I've done some very limited research and a
lot of extracurricular cooking, I've got to find good original recipes and
even better redactions for the caterers.

Specifically, I'm most interested in assimilating period accuracy and the
modern palate.  If anyone has experience with planning feasts (and I'm
sure several of you do so PLEASE don't be shy with advice and
admonishments)--or is interested in coming to such a thing--drop me a line
at odonoea4 at wfu.edu.

This is awfully long for an introduction...sorry.
Yours,
EO'D