SC - green beans

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Nov 18 23:35:39 PST 1997

Lord Ras said:

>Green beans probably were used rather extensively shortly after their >introduction so this does sort of squeak by. :-)

I know you may not have been all that serious here, but in case you
were, why would you say green beans were one of the items quickly
and extensively used after discovery?

Pineapple, I can see. They are sweet which was craved. They are
unusual which makes them ideal for gardens of exotics.

Same goes for peppers and perhaps for Turkeys. They fill a percieved
need.

But green beans? Are they even used today extensively in European
cusines?

Stefan li Rous
RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com