SC - paid reservations?

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 00:58:03 PST 1997

<<
 What is it like in other regions/kingdoms? Do you do reservations?
 Paid or unpaid? How do you handle cancelations or refunds?

 Stefan li Rous

     In Meridies we generally send in paid pre-reservations for the entire
event (Our events are usually whole weekend affairs.) if possible, but it's
not required. However, many well-attended events *will* have cut-off numbers
mentioned in the flyer, since halls will, after all, only hold so many
gentles, and kitchens only produce so much food with the equipment at hand.
If you don't pre-reserve, you have to take your chances on getting in on the
feast or not--or bed space, for that matter. And most groups will take only
*paid* reservations. Refunds are given if asked for, but are not automatic.
Most folks don't cancel, as far as I know--they will either transfer their
reservations to someone else, or get a refund later, since they often don't
know that they can't come in time to make arrangements with the autocrat.

Ldy Diana