Unit alert! (was: SC - Long-Period food, bread, etc.)

Par Leijonhufvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Thu Nov 20 21:28:19 PST 1997

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> It is two envelopes primarily to get a good rise quickly.  I'd use two

> can tell, bakers prior to this century used about 1 package of yeast to
> 2 pounds of flour and made extensive use of sponges and extended rising

When you say; "an envelpe of yeast"; just how much yeast is this? If
given the amounts we non-US cooks have some chance of figuring out what
is equivalent, but not when it comes to packages.

/UlfR
(Who buys yeast is 50 gram cakes)

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Tum pultus sicissentem ur ne lus sem ittibus profugnatreius.