SC - SC Feast n the law

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Nov 26 20:06:29 PST 1997

If it comes to a legal argument we are feeding them for money. I think
the point at which that occurs is when you put food on a plate, but it is
certainly the case if we are doing preparation of any sort.

If we were organising a private dinner party amongst a group of friends,
it may be different. But where it _can_ be construed as a public event,
we have a legal problem. (Of course it also depends where you are. But in
Australia and Europe, and I suspect in North America, there are legal
guidelines.) The situation may be analagous to a cricket clubhaving a
fundraiser BBQ. I think mostpeople ignore it, but should a litigious
person get food-poisoning...

Charles Ragnar