SC - cuskynoles

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Sat Nov 1 07:16:54 PST 1997

 Now that I think about it,
>given that there are various other fruit rissole recipes that clearly
>ARE for fruit ravioli,

>Adamantius, kidding only slightly

Okay, now I'm confused. I've only been following this whole cuskynoles
discussion slightly, since I want to try the original myself before
getting too involved in your and His Grace's interpretations. The above
line, however.... Many years ago I made a dessert called a rissole, from
Heaven only knows which cookbook and it was more like a doughnut. Dough
with spices and currants, deep-fried. Delicious, BTW, but only really
good fresh out of the oil, so I never made them for the event that I was
trying them out for. Anyway, what does "rissole" mean that it can be
either a doughnut or a ravioli?

Is there a URL for OED? Our library doesn't have one and I can't afford
one!

Thanks.

Julleran