Re- SC - eels? fish cultiva

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 2 06:37:51 PST 1997

Tyrca at aol.com wrote:

> Please don't be offended, but now I'm confused.  Frozen or thawed?  Wiggling
> or not?  I have no eel experience, and I'm curious.  I promis to believe you!
>
> Tyrca

Eels undergo muscle contractions after death, partly since it takes
their nerves longer to die than the rest of them. Eventually they stop
wriggling. That is, until you cook them, at which time they undergo
tendon contraction, even if, as that fool Adamantius got confused about,
they have been frozen. The tendon contraction causes the eels (or their
sections) to move all over again. This is, of course, assuming they are
not frozen solid through the entire cooking process. After all, how
could they be?

Score: Eels 2, Humans 0.

Except that the humans get to eat the eels, and, one hopes, not the
other way around...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com