SC - 12th Night

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Nov 4 12:25:37 PST 1997

Master Huen Damebrigge asked:

Greetings. I'm the head cook for AEthelmearc's first kingdom 12th Night,
to be held this January, and was wondering if anyone can recommend some
sources for period 12th Night foods. I'm also generally curious about
what foods were traditionally served and what was expected at a Medieval
12th Night feast. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

I have one file in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of my Florilegium
that has some useful info:

12th-nite-msg      (5K)  3/13/92    12th Night celebrations.

Unfortunately, there is only one message in there. I have pasted it
below. As you can see it is a rather old message, but the info hasn't
spoiled. :-)  Roasted boar's head, anyone?

Stefan li Rous
mark_harris at email.sps.mot.com