SC - bodily size

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 6 11:51:58 PST 1997

FWIW, when we lived near Cambridge (the period one) there was a
church which had a brass which was always stated to be lifesize (and
the grave also supported this) of a local person.  If this is true,
then the man, whose name was Laurence de Warboys, if you need to
know, was about 4 foot 6.  I remember this very clearly, and also my
aunts' various extremely small 14th and 15th cent. houses, whose
doorways in some rooms come up to my shoulder (and I'm 5 foot!!).
Presumably this ought to be of some use in guessing proportions for
your cuskies?

Cairistiona