SC - Game meat

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 12:12:48 PST 1997

In a message dated 97-11-06 03:54:17 EST, Gunther writes:

<< I am wanting to include some game meats (especially venison) in my 12th
Night
 feast but I'm not sure how to go about getting it. I had a source in that
 a gentle in the Kingdom has a hunting family in Idaho. They would take the
kill
 to a State Approved butcher and ship the meat packed in dry ice to me for
about
 $2 a pound plus shipping.>>

In Wyoming, you can ship meat out of state as long as it is accompanied by
the tag from the original kill or a copy of the tag.  No butcher will accept
meat to process unless it is accompanied by a tag.

Juicy tidbit (sorry) In Colorado if you are unfortunate enough to hit a deer
or elk on the road, you can claim it for a $5 roadkill license.  After
looking at the condition of the vehicles after they harvest deer in this
manner, I would say it was not the best idea.

Aldyth