SC - West Virginia

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 19:33:52 PST 1997

<< Actually, the place to go for pumpkin pants and similar Tudor stuff is
 to the West Virginian groups of the East Kingdom, where the local accent
 appears to be a close relative of Shakespearian English...

If I may be so bold, Master A,

I belive that West Virginia groups are part of the Kingdom of Aethelmearc.
:-)

By the way, West Virginia groups are also extraordinarily courteous and
hospitable also. The summer I spent riding 6 hours to events to play with
them was one of the most memorable experiences I have had in the SCA. It
seems like everyone bent over backwards to dress in a period style and the
food was not only very period-like but also very good. My first event  in
West Virginia found me in the kitchen with Llewelyn where I learned much. It
was also the event that Henry and I shared first place in the period dessert
competition. Nothing like a little strawberyen and almond tarts mixed
together to win the stomach of a Baron. :-)

Ras