SC - West Virginia

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Nov 8 19:15:46 PST 1997

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> If I may be so bold, Master A,
>
> I belive that West Virginia groups are part of the Kingdom of Aethelmearc.
> :-)

You are right; I apologize for the confusion. My map of the Knowne World
needs to be updated...I should say West Virginia is the home of the
Knights Who Until Recently Said Nih in the East Kingdom, but now Say Nih
in AEthelmarc.

> By the way, West Virginia groups are also extraordinarily courteous and
> hospitable also. The summer I spent riding 6 hours to events to play with
> them was one of the most memorable experiences I have had in the SCA. It
> seems like everyone bent over backwards to dress in a period style and the
> food was not only very period-like but also very good. My first event  in
> West Virginia found me in the kitchen with Llewelyn where I learned much. It
> was also the event that Henry and I shared first place in the period dessert
> competition. Nothing like a little strawberyen and almond tarts mixed
> together to win the stomach of a Baron. :-)

I had always got that impression. On two occasions I came quite close to
riding down to events in that part of the Ea...I mean AEthelmarc, and
twice those plans were scuppered, to my great disappointment.

"Vell, I must be going. Eefil plots don't chust make themselves, you
know!"
			Prinz Ludwig the Indestructible (Hugh Laurie), "Blackadder II", 1989

Adamantius der Inzcrutable
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com