SC - Re- Candied Cinnamon

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Nov 9 09:10:54 PST 1997

> Not necessarily. The seeds you mention are small, but quite hard. the
> cinnamon stick is larger, but somewhat crumbly, but as Adamantius
> mentions
> splinters. I keep imagining getting cinnamon splinters caught between
> my
> teeth. But I can imagine chewing on the cinnamon stick even without
> the
> candying. Sort of wierd, but I can remember making cinnamon toothpicks
>
> using cinnamon oil years ago and this might be similar in texture.
>
> The mere soaking of the cinnamon bark in sugar water may alter the
> texture
> of the bark.

Stefan, I use whole cinnamon in cordialmaking, and I notice they get
soft and spongy, though when they dry out they return to the original
consistancy. I would imagine that if they are candied, the sugar would
permeate between the fibre bundles and change the texture to something a
bit more resiliant. I have never tried candying cinnamon sticks, bu i
may give it a whirl after i get home tomorrow.
margali