SC - Fw: [Mid] Feasts

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Nov 13 10:22:44 PST 1997

>> From: Steve Muhlberger
>> To: Middlebridge
>> Subject: [Mid] Feasts
>>
>> I have a preference in feasts.
>>
>> I like feasts to be a reasonable length.
>>
>> In the Middle Ages, from what I can tell, the big fancy feasts were
>> standalone events.  You had a feast and it was the one event that day.

(forwarded from Middlebridge to SCA Cooks)

Much as I hate to take issue with the noble and learned Finnvairr ...   .

Chiquart makes it clear that he intends to serve two meals each day. The
big 16th c. German cookbook I have (admittedly, a little late for medieval)
gives lots of menus, each in the form of an early meal and a night meal, I
assume lunch and dinner.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/