SC - Chocolate Soup--OOP

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 21:15:13 PST 1997

Hi, all!
    This was posted to the Meridian list, and, chocoholic that I am, I
decided it looked much too interesting not to share............. ;-) Period
or not, I'm sure that a *few* of you will enjoy it!

                                                                  Ldy Diana

House Maxwell's Favorite Chocolate Soup
A Dessert Soup for 15-20 People:

2 quarts of good Chocolate Milk (at Pennsic, get the stuff from the
Cooper's store)

2 tablespoons instant coffee

1 stick of cinnamon

1 or 2 splashes of spiced rum *

1 or 2 splashes of Sheridan's Coffee Chocolate and Vanilla Creme
Liqueurs *

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (why is it vanilla makes chocolate taste
chocolatier?)

1 dozen or so large marshmallows**

7 or 8 bananas, sliced into bite sized chunks

2 angel food cakes, sliced, or torn into bite sized chunks

For garnishing: whipped creme, chocolate syrup, nutmeg, cocoa.

* Optional. You might leave these out of the soup, but put them with the
garnishes.

** Optional. Some vegetarians may not want marshmallows because they
contain gelatin.

To Prepare:

Put the milk a pot. Add the cinnamon, rum, liqueurs, vanilla,
marshmallows, and bananas. Warm over low heat, stirring frequently,
until warm and/or marshmallows are melted. Have your guests to put a
slice or handful of angel food cake into their bowls and ladle the
chocolate soup over the cake. They can then have their choices of
garnishes to put on as they please.

(Note: if you serve this at a SCAdian event and the authenticity mavens
fret about this dessert, just tell them, "No Soup For You!")