SC - Question-non-cooks

Par Leijonhufvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Tue Nov 18 21:45:48 PST 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Caitlin Cheannlaidir wrote:

> Hmm.  This is me, and I don't know why you're getting that message.  I've
> noted over time that I often get your (Ras') messages in duplicate.  Maybe
> our systems are incompatible somehow?  (I really can't speculate, my
> technological sophistication is on a level with stone knives and bear
> skins, but I'll forward this to my tech support group (husband<G>)).

Allow me to guess; you are using a email program (Winmail? MS Mail?)
that sends along a small file with information usefull (in some obscure
fashion) only to itself, i.e. others using the same program. The
solution is to either find a setting that prevents it from doing silly
things like that, using a program for email that doesn't do stupid,
non-standard faeces like that, or letting everyone else live with it.

My advice is to follow either of the two first suggestions, and to avoid
the third like the plague.

/UlfR

> begin 600 WINMAIL.DAT

> end

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Tum pultus sicissentem ur ne lus sem ittibus profugnatreius.