SC - Green beans

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 20:49:13 PST 1997

<< Are green beans period? >>

As I stated ealier yes and no. :-) Green beans appear to be period for the
Dutch and were introduced into France relatively later from there. About the
closest you could come to would be kidney beans  as much as I hate to say it.
:-(

<< chinese pea pods would be closer to what they served.>>

Actually closer yet would be sugar peas, e.g sugar snaps. Dried peas were the
norm.

 <<Lentils, favas, >>

Yes.

<<black-eyed peas,>>

Questionable but held by some to have been introduced from the far east.

<< maybe navy beans,>>

Personally , I would put these right up there with tomatoes and potatoes. :-)

<< peas,>>

Dried.

<< split peas could be used as close to period? >>

Split peas were invented in the late 1800's. :-0

Ras