SC - off-topic: politics (was re: good food feast)

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Nov 26 13:36:17 PST 1997

Chris Peters wrote:

>  I DO want to play BADLY!! Problem is politics within my canton. That is
>  why I lurk here on the list and absorb the good advice (and recipes!)
>  here on the listJust say when and where I'll be there

Good gentle,

	You don't have to play within your canton if you don't want to.  <g>  If it's such a political morass, doubtless there are other gentles in the area who have "gone on hiatus" or only show up to certain events.  Get involved in a household not associated with your canton; or play at the baronial level; or find a different shire that's within driving distance and play with THEM.

	Don't EVER let someone's overinflated ego keep you away from the SCA.  To my great chagrin, I lost four good years of SCA time because of one insufferable jerk (details shall remain omitted) and am currently helplessly watching other good persons fall away like flies in my own group due to another unpleasant situation (again, details deliberately omitted).  But don't, as they say, let the b*****ds get you down...

	Good luck, and don't get downhearted...

		- kat

(Thanks to listmembers for your indulgence; I'm stepping off my soapbox now and returning you to your regularly-scheduled programming...)