SC - SC Feast n the law

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Thu Nov 27 17:17:01 PST 1997

> On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Ron Martino Jr wrote:
> >       Do folks in other areas of the Laurel Kingdoms advertise events
> > anywhere besides SCA publications?
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Which I suggest would in most cases be taken by a court as evidence of
> the event being public.
>
> Charles (Ragnar)

Haifuku!

	How so? Ragnar-dono, are you speaking as an expert on the legal issues
surrounding this subject? I do not ask to put you on the spot, but to
determine if you are speaking as a professional, or as just an
interested party, as I am.

	As I see the question (from a totally non-legal) point of view, it
comes down to this - we formed ourselves a club, some of our club
members want to hold a party, they use the club's newsletter to invite
folks to it. Were I to come across a current copy of the Bungy Jumpers
International newsletter and saw that a jump was planned in my area, I
would not assume I could just drop in (sorry) unless the announcement
said that the public was welcome. Aren't our events analogous?

	Yumitori