Re- SC - eels? fish cultiva

Woeller D alaric05 at erols.com
Sun Nov 2 06:12:50 PST 1997

Mark Harris wrote:

> Woeller D wrote:
> > > :-). You neglected to mention that unthawed cleaned, frozen eels stiull
> > > wiggle about in the pan.
> > Is this true, or are you pulling my over-gullible leg?
>
> I believe Lord Ras is having you on, Lady. Eels do continue to move
> after death, but not after freezing or cooking. The clue is that Lord
> Ras spoke of eels moving while actually frozen. You know that's
> impossible. Haven't you ever seen that on Batman? Every time Comissioner
> Gordon gets frozen, you don't see him wriggling. That only comes when he
> reads the reviews!
>
> Adamantius
>

> Argh!!! Ok Ras, you fooled me. I put that message in my eels-msg
> file. Frmp. frmp. frmp. Luckily, I was planning to update the files at
> the website again in another week and a half. I think I read that as
> *thawed* eels.
>
> Thank you my lady for questioning this.
>
> Stefan li Rous

Read further, Gentle Lord,
In a later message, Ras explained to me that they do, by his experience,
indeed, move when they are cooked after freezing. I, too assumed that
thawing would be a preparation.  He assured me that he was not pulling
my leg. Adamantius is, I'm sure, also correct- they probably don't move
while frozen. I guess we'll have to go get some frozen eel to experiment
with. :D
Angelique