SC - Paprika Dishes

Varju Varju at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 09:30:29 PST 1997

<< Paprika Onions. Something I loved as a child/teenager, and my mother
 has since lost the recipe. <dang it>

Hmmm.. . .can't find anything like this in the Cuisine of Hungary, it may be a
family specific or region specific recipe.

<< Is there some bit of documentation that would indicate a post-period
arrival date for paprika in the Hungary region?>>

This is a long story.  From what I've read the Turks brought paprika to
Hungary during their rule.  No recipes using paprika from within period so it
is likely that it wasn't used as a food flavoring, or used regularly that way
until later.  I think that was the whole discussion. . .

Noemi