SC - Paprika Dishes

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 08:18:29 PST 1997

<<  I don't know if they were the particular variety used for paprika,
 or how early we have recipes. I have been unable to find any period
 Hungarian cookbooks. >>

The few recioes I have seen do not contain paprika.  Unfotunately, I have
them third hand, (translations in _The Cuisine of Hungary_) and only seven
recipes from a book published in 1601.   It has been a consideration to do
some research on this subject once I'm done with my other research. . .

Noemi