SC - SC Peanuts

Thu Nov 6 08:25:45 PST 1997

>According to a documentary on the 'cocaine mummies' of vienna, peanuts
>were found in China at least 2000 years old. But it was said that they
>are a native american (N?S?) product
>
>Charles

Peanuts were used in both North and South America.  There are at least
two varieties of ground nuts. I believe they are related, but I am not
knowledgeable about the differences and the geography.

Peanuts may be among those plants along with rice and yams which are
indigenous to both the New and the Old World.

Bear