SC - Paprika Dishes

Varju Varju at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 20:04:43 PST 1997

<< Incidentally, it looks as though the seven recipes (which I seem to have
 somehow missed when I first looked through the book long ago) are not all
 from the 1601 source--some are from the earlier manuscript. But he doesn't
 say which. >>

Your Grace, I must thank you for pointing that fact out.  in the numerous
times I had read the book I had never noticed that.  I think I just kept
skipping to the recipes.

In that same section, Lang does state that paprika is not mentioned in either
manuscript "since the Turks brought it in just about that time and it had not
become a part of the nobility's cooking."  (Lang, pg. 25)  Now I really do
want to do more research on this subject. . .now if only my Hungarian were up
to par. . .

Noemi