SC - Cornflowers

Meliora & Drake meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Fri Nov 7 14:18:32 PST 1997

Greetings all,

All of my cornflowers are currently out in bloom.  I remember reading (in
Fettiplace I think) a recipe for pickling or preserving the flowers for use
in salads in the winter.  However, in re-reading Fettiplace I cannot find
the reference.  I found a recipe for preserving Clove Gilliflowers (Pinks)
for the same purpose, but not the cornflowers.

Can anyone help with references to using cornflowers in/as food ??  My main
interest is early Renaissance but any time in "SCA period" would do.

Thanks and regards
Meliora
meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au