SC - Game meat

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 08:16:21 PST 1997

<<
 As a point of interest, if anyone does get a moose to cook, the meat was
 greasy and smoked quite a bit when roasted.

 We got around this by grilling the moose outdoors.  Moose steak and eggs
 for breakfast is quite a treat at -25 degrees F.

 Bear >>

Interesting.  The only time I have eaten moose is in 5th grade, the boy who
sat behind me always brought Moose sandwiches from home, and did not like
them.  He would trade them to me for whatever school lunch I had that I did
not like.  As I remember, the moose meat seemed to be from a roast, then the
pieces were chopped finely (or maybe ground in a home grinder) and mixed with
mayonaise, like chicken salad.  (moose salad sandwiches??)  I enjoyed them a
lot, and with the mayonaise didn't find them very gamy, just enough to be
interesting.

Tyrca