SC - Re: Peanuts, Sweet Potatoes, Etc.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Nov 8 17:31:57 PST 1997

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Take a look at the generally prevailing currents.  I don't know which
> way they run in the various areas of the Pacific, but a canoe would
> probably follow them to take advantage of wind and water.

Coriolis forces would dictate, on the surface of a sphere rotating from
East to West, a roughly circular current going counterclockwise in the
rough box shape dictated by the west coat of South America, the equator,
the east coast of Africa, and the various lands in the south Pacific,
including Australia and Antarctica. Think in terms of an express train
running in an arc from the west coast of South America to East Africa...

Adamantius, purveyor of useless scientific knowledge...
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com