SC - for bread-smearing

Gedney, Jeff Gedney at executone.com
Mon Nov 10 05:59:32 PST 1997

> Oh goody, the doctor just told my wife she is to eat at least a clove
> of
> garlic each day, appropriately mixed into some other food.  Since she
> likes garlic anyway, this will be great.

Last night I had a perennial favorite of the house:
A pork roast, rolled in a dry marinade of spices, dry mustard, garlic,
and salt, and cooked in a roasting pan filled with baby carrots, onion
quarters, potatoes and whole, unpeeled cloves of garlic ( toss the
veggies with olive oil and salt as there will not be enough fat from the
pork for the veg). I used 2 whole heads of garlic, for the four of us,
and the first thing finished were the roasted vegetables ( Actually the
garlic - which had roasted in the pan and fried in the fat and oil,
yielding a sweet and candy like brown confection, with a chewy
taffy-like texture -- WOW. Next were the caramelized carrots, there is
nothing I can say here... just DEVINE)
I know the recipe is OOP, but...
You know you are doing something right when your 5 year old and your 9
year old chant in unison "More Garlic!! More Garlic!! More Garlic!! More
Garlic!!"

Brandu