SC - West Virginia

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Nov 11 23:36:11 PST 1997

Anybody know how I can find out about W. Va. events? I live in SE Ohio, and
I normally limit my attendance to Ohio because of driving time, but W. Va.
is close enough that I wouldn't mind expanding a bit.

Thanx,

Phlip

Never a horse that cain't be rode,
 and never a rider that cain't be throwed.

- ----------

> << Actually, the place to go for pumpkin pants and similar Tudor stuff is
>  to the West Virginian groups of the East Kingdom, where the local accent
>  appears to be a close relative of Shakespearian English...
>   >>

> If I may be so bold, Master A,
>
> I belive that West Virginia groups are part of the Kingdom of Aethelmearc.
> :-)
>
> By the way, West Virginia groups are also extraordinarily courteous and
> hospitable also. The summer I spent riding 6 hours to events to play with
> them was one of the most memorable experiences I have had in the SCA. It
> seems like everyone bent over backwards to dress in a period style and the
> food was not only very period-like but also very good. My first event  in
> West Virginia found me in the kitchen with Llewelyn where I learned much.
It