SC - candied ginger

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Wed Nov 12 18:57:36 PST 1997

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:55:18 EST "Chanda Shaffer" <leanche at hotmail.com>
writes:
>Greetings All,
>
>I have been off the list for a little while, so please forgive the
>question,  did anyone post a recipe for candied ginger?  I've made it
>but am interested in other peoples recipes for comparison.  My candied
>
>ginger was so hot that you could barely eat it without crying!

We must have used the same recipe! I made it once and it was so hot, I
threw it all out. Brought it up on this list once and the consensus was
A) the ginger was too old or B) it was mislabeled horseradish! I think
the recipe called for soaking the ginger in white wine for a while then
draining it and putting it in honey. Does that sound about right? I
didn't keep the recipe available since the results were not good.

>Also, does anyone have a recipe for rose beads.

Got one some place. I'll send it to you when I find it.

 I know it's not a
>food
>item,  but....... who better to ask than the Cathedral!!  I had a
>recipe
>for it but it has gone and walked off on me.  I think I got it out of
>"Herb Companion" magazine  8-9 years ago.
>
>thank you
>Ivy~

Julleran