SC - Beer (from whiskey thread)

Woeller D alaric05 at erols.com
Mon Nov 17 05:16:44 PST 1997

Robert Beaulieu wrote:

> James and/or Nancy Gilly wrote:

> > >Well, if you mean the watery yellow stuff in a clear bottle that asses by
> > >the name Millers draft (an oxymoron BTW) then I agree. But grab yourself
> > >a pint of Beamish Red, a bottle of Charles' best Igor Cherry Ale, or as
> > >much Chimay as you can afford, and then you might learn what Beer is
> > >supposed to be
> > >
> > >Charles
> >
> > Well, I've had all sorts of beers here in the States, and during my three
> > years in Scotland I got to sample various English/Scottish brews.  They all
> > taste alike to me - and  it's a horrible taste.  I consider beer (of any
> > sort) to be the worst thing I ever made the mistake of putting into my mouth....
> >
> > Alasdair mac Iain
>
>         Keep trying... a different taste, and maybe one you would like, would
> be the belgium fruit beers or the white (wit) weat beers!
>
>         Maybe...
>
>                 Lord Robert de QuelQuePart

If you find one that tastes good to a'non-beer drinker', let me know.
Everyone always wants to 'go out for a beer'. I can't stand the stuff.
Once, though, I tried a 'strawberry wheat' beer at a microbrewery lunch
pub, and found it palatable.  You might want to try that kind of thing.
(a 'fruit'wheat beer, not necessarily a microbrewery lunch pub) I will
say, however, when I commented that "Hey, this beer isn't bad...", the
response was, "That ain't beer." Bon Chance
Angelique