SC - New web site: Boke of Gode Cookery

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Tue Nov 18 09:36:47 PST 1997

Greetings all,
   I'm in the process of completing my web site, called Master Huen's
Boke of Gode Cookery. It's very nearly done, though the recipes aren't
on yet (they should be transfered soon!); however, many other articles
are up & running, and I'd appreciate it if you'd give it a look or two.
It is at:

http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm

   An article on cockentrice includes photos taken of the cockentrice I
made for the Pennsic A&S Competition two years ago. There are also feast
images for downloading, lotsa lovely graphics, and various articles.
Also, I will soon have on the site "A Chaucerian Cookery" - this is my
research into Chaucer and the foods mentioned in his poetry. It includes
period recipes and sample Chaucerian feasts.
   Now, here's where I need your help! I plan on having a Readers
Contribution page, where I'll post the recipes that other cooks (that's
you!) send in. I'm looking for contributions that include the period
recipe, if possible, and your translation and/or redaction. Everything
sent to me will be posted (I promise), so here's your chance to get your
stuff seen by a lot of other folk. Please include SCA name, mundane
name, and e-address and mail to me at my e-address. And if you send me
enough stuff, I'll devote a whole page to you & your recipes!
   ALSO, I will be featuring a Recipe of the Month every month; this
will be one period recipe, in it's original language, and readers are
invited to send in their translation and/or redaction for posting the
following month.
   ALSO(!), if you are or have been a feastocrat in the SCA, I'd like to
list any feast you have done or will be doing under a page called
"Feasts within the SCA." Please send me all info on you (both names,
etc.), the name, date, and place of the event, and the feast list.
Include the recipes, if possible, & I'll post them in the contribution
page so you can link from the feast page directly to the specific
recipe.
   The Recipe of the Month will be up in a day or so; in the meantime, I
would love to hear from as many of you as possible with your recipe
contributions! Obviously, my site can't work without your help, and I do
want this to be a place where we all can share our recipes and ideas
with each other (and show off to the mundane world!). Send me your
stuff!

In Service to the Society,
Master Huen Damebrigge of Wychwood