SC - Period vs peri "oid" Food

James & Melody Mahanna jmmahanna at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 19 19:36:48 PST 1997

I am preparing to Feastocrat my first feast in March.  One of the
Lords
who usually has this honor informed me tonight that "no-one likes
period food".  I have been diligently been researching various recipes
from period sources along with Internet resources and couldn't
disagree
more!  Most everypne I have spoken with wants (1) Edible food (2) A
pleasurable experience & (3) A reasonable attempt at period food.  I
personally feel that if I am paying to recreate the Middle Ages the
person cooking should make a reasonable attempt to cook that way.
Anyway ...(big deep breath) is there anyone with a GOOD yeast bread
recipe.  I have a wonderful Russian Round Bread recipe, but I am not
quite sure how "period" it is.  Thanks!
- --
Lady Morwenna
Mka:Melody Mahanna