SC - Period vs peri "oid" Food

Maddie Teller-Kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Nov 18 21:57:41 PST 1997

Greetings...

I have been able to cook an entire period feast and it was tasted
wonderful as well. (return of empty serving platters is a good sign). I
would recommend starting off with a reputable period cookbook.  Try
Pleyn Delit.  If you don't have a copy or access to one, email me
privately and I will gladly send you some recipes.  One recommendation,
I would start with a simple roasted meat or chicken, make some sauces, a
vegetable (armoured turnips are wonderful, especially with LOTS of
cheese), breads, butter, rice dish, and a soup (simple onion soup is
great).  An apple sauce or some other confection for dessert can be
wonderful.  Just some ideas!!!

In service,

Meadhbh