SC - SC medieval soft drinks

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Thu Nov 20 15:37:10 PST 1997

This sort of follows an older thread. What do people want for soft drinks?

Fruit Juice? Milk? Water? Coke? Lemonade? tea? coffee?

It's not actually obvious to me - I tend to drink beer, cider, mead or wine.
If I want a soft drink I tend to watered wine or water, as I can justify
those as period. But not everyone takes the period drinks thing
seriously. I also happily drink milk, which I think is probably alright
for northern europe (although I confess to being ignorant). I don't like
coke anyway, but it seems inappropriate to me, in the same way as tomato
sauce or bourbon, or potato chips. (Somehow I seem to let chocolate slide
though)

Thoughts?

Charles