[none]

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Nov 21 12:45:49 PST 1997

Actually, Adamantius,

#1. You're not in, so you needn't worry about ME throwing you out. As for
your lady, it's up to her.

#2. Actually, I suspect we split because I was getting too old. After all,
he's the one who throws fine things out because they get old, not me.

#3. He wasn't SCA, and we all know mixed relationships rarely work.

#4. If your Lady DOES throw you out, (see #1), stop by and I'll give you a
quality test, free of charge. I'm sure you're marketable to SOMEone.

#5. On a more serious note, while I know Smithfields are not period, per
se, it would seem to me that they should be very similar to a period
product, since the original purpose of this technique was to preserve a
meat without refrigeration. Do you know of any similar period recipes? If I
buy this house I'm looking at, I'll probably be doing much of my own
butchering, and I'll likely build a smokehouse.

Thanks,

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,