SC - Period veges

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sun Nov 30 18:04:35 PST 1997

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Kathleen M Everitt wrote:
> Does anyone have a good, tried and true, period recipe for eggplant? I've
> never seen it served at a feast and I think it might be fun to try.
>
> Julleran

Peel the things, slice about 1/2" thick, boil very briefly. Mix
breadcrumbs, sugar and spices (I can't recall anymore what the original
said  -I use what seems good at the time) and crumb the eggplants (do the
egg then crumbs thing) and fry them. Yum. Another good campig recipe, but
definitely a middle-east thing rather than europe.

Charles Ragnar