SC - Problem Spices (WA

Brett and Karen Williams brettwi at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 1 09:16:35 PDT 1997

                       Marzipan                                    10/1/97

<snip> It just quit.

Here's a hint, folks: when making marzipan, the best grind is either by hand
in a mortar/pestle (but you risk getting almonds that oil before you're
finished, from the  pressing/crushing action of the pestle), and the next best
is the  coffee mill. <snip>

It depends on the motor, it might have busted whatever little rubberbandy
thing attaches the drive to the shaft for the blades.  Do you have the paper
instructions/ order forms that came with it?  Sometimes on the replacement
part order form something will be listed that makes you think "why would I
want one of those?", that is probably whatever broke.  I would recommend
getting one of those mini-cuisinart things rather than using an electric
coffee grinder.  If the cuisinart grind is not fine enough you can then put it
in the mortar and pestle and finish by hand.  But I have gotten fairly fine
textured marzipan with a cuisinart.
- -brid