SC - Modern Myths-period

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Thu Oct 2 07:29:42 PDT 1997

it was regular plain old beef stew, like I make all the time....
nothing special.  beef, carrots, onions and potatoes.
On later inquiry, I was told that other than the above, the cook added 1/2
of red wine at the very start of cooking and simmered it

Antibuse is designed as to be ''aversion therapy'' for the drunk.
It was, at the time, a revolutionary drunk to help the morbid alky to avoid
booze.  Unfortunately in my ex's case, it was not enough.
The drug, however is extremely sensitive to alcohol.   So many of our friends,
and family used the stuff in thier cooking, even tho we patiently explained
the side effects, that we got where MickyD's was the only place we could safely
eat out and knowthat he would not spend the rest of the evening in the john
raphing....  He eventually ditched the stuff.
However just last Dec 96 he was in another rehab program and they too cleary
stated that it was a myth that alcohol cooks out of food in cooking.
And to back themselves up, gave us the articles on the whole subject.
he has them somewhere...asked him about that last night...

I remember reading somewhere that there is now a red/white wine flavoring
to use instead of wine in foods.....but do not remember where it could be
obtained.
aine