SC - coloring agents

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:33:28 PDT 1997

My lord, one of the ways I check for temperature - and yes I own a meattemp
thing, it's here ..... somewhere.... - is to just stick my favorite knife down
into the thickest part, juice will run out...the color is one way, another is to
let the knife sit there a minture or so, pull it out. If the blade is hot enough
to ''burn''
yer finger then most likely the inside is done as well.  tis a silly trick but
useful
over a campfire, when one cannot shred, or slice or whatever...
so far, it has worked everytime...note the so far...
aine