SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #327

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Fri Oct 3 18:50:28 PDT 1997

> ........ but settling for what we can get, back to the lifetime of
> St Francis of Assisi, which is actually just a tad later (30-50 years)
>
> than the years you mention. The unfortunate but simple fact here is
> that
> this may not be possible.

**** Oops!  A bit of a temporo-personna gaff.  :o)  I figure it is a
quixotic quest at best.  Maybe my lifelong journey that gives my life
meaning.  We all need one of those, eh?

> ........ and have definitely never heard the title before, but it
> seems to be a pretty
> straightforward macaroon or almond biscotti........

**** My assumption as well.  I figure I'll simply use inferencial
documentation to support the general style and just introduce the recipe
to the people around here.  Word has it that important meetings at
events are being served with grocery store type cookies as
refreshments.  Maybe this would be an adequate upgrade.

> I suggest you look for the earliest possible recipes and literary
> references to macaroons, and research everything you can find on
> Italian almond cookies and biscotti. It might not hurt to check the
> Larousse
> Gastronomique, Heaven help us!

**** Sometimes you gotta 'dance with the devil'?  Thanks for the advice
and references.  I've a friend with the affore mentioned tome of
repute.  The road you point to is a treacherous and slippery road....I
don't want to wander too far astray and end up referencing period
terrace farming when I'm done <LOL>

> Adamantius, who hates the Larousse Gastronomique, but admits that they
>
> aren't ALWAYS wrong in matters pertaining to French and Italian foods

Not ALWAYS.....often, but not always.  They often give a good shove to
make me prove them wrong.  Ah!! sweet motivation.

niccolo